Thursday, June 24, 2004

Four

Late today, sorry. I appear to be slacking. My option to yesterday's dilemma as to how I should choose which newspapers to write to were...

  • Roll the die!

  • Pick whichever one has the most interesting looking headline.

  • Ask arbitrary passers-by in the street to name a newspaper until you have ten unique ones.

  • Choose them by asking people to suggest a selection of 10 newspapers on your blog. Then let the die decide which 6 it wants. Changed to 10 by my own whim as it makes more sense).

  • Get as many newspaper names as you can find and pin them to a dartboard. Then play darts ...

  • Take the first ten in an alphabetical list of all newspapers.


  • (Sorry Car01 - your option didn't count as I need to find ten newspapers)

    I rolled a Four so, once again I'm going to have to ask for your suggestions about how to approach these newspapers - this thread in the dice-chain will come to an end, I promise you. Maybe then I might be able to get on with making my significant contribution to Zoology.

    In the meantime, however, I will have to make do with figuring out how I'm going to get to Chester Zoo, what with it being here and with me being somewhere else somewhat further away, it might take me a while to get there, or at least to think of an excuse to go. Still, do it I must, it just might take slightly longer than anticipated.

    On a side note, has anyone else noticed just how addictive pickled onions are? I really must go and eat some more...

    Dilemma Seven:
    Which ten Newspapers should I write to?

    Preferred Option:
    The Sun, The Star, News of The World, The Standard, Radcliffe News, The Guardian, The Times, News Extra, The Andover Advertiser, and of course that bastion of qualtiy newspapers, Private Eye (ok, not really a newspaper as such, but it's my game, so my rules apply).

    3 Comments:

    Blogger Martin said...

    Coo, do we have to think of ten, then?
    Here goes (And I'm going to have to repeat a couple...):
    The Sun,
    The Daily Star,
    News of The World,
    (let's be honest, those three are the most likely to publish you)
    The Sunday Telegraph,
    The Guardian,
    Racing Post,
    The Lincolnshire Echo,
    The South Wales Times,
    The Norwegian Newspaper That Dave Gorman Used To Gain Worldwide Publicity,
    The Daily Herald.

    6:28 pm  
    Blogger car01 said...

    South Wales Echo
    Western Mail (Cardiff)
    Sixth Sense (www.sixth-sense.co.uk which doesn't seem to be working at the moment, but it's the Forces newspaper for Germany)
    Radio Times
    The Sun
    News of the World
    The Times
    The Guardian
    Daily Mirror
    Daily Mail

    7:36 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sarah Says:-

    The Sun
    Big Issue
    Private Eye
    Bizarre
    Fortean Times
    The Guardian
    The Star
    A paper local to the "Slave to the Die"
    The Times
    News of the World

    10:38 am  

    Post a Comment

    << Home