Thursday, June 17, 2004

Six

Dilemma One was: What should be the first use for the collateral?

My possible options were:

  • Enter the Lottery

  • Buy a dictionary

  • Buy a premium shop on Shopdonkey

  • Use it to place an advert somewhere asking people to send you money to fund the experiment

  • Spend it on the cheap shelf at Tesco / Buy a gift for Fathers' day Possibly a bit controversial listing these two as the same option, but it's my game, so I'll do as I want. These two were so intrinsically interlinked that if it came up, I could've easily done both with one fell swoop. So shoot me.

  • Spend it on a pad of writing paper, some envelopes and at least 10 stamps.


  • The result was: Six.

    I therefore have to buy a pad of writing paper, some envelopes and at least ten stamps. I will endeavor to complete this task (physically and mentally challenging though it is) tomorrow, more likely than not during my lunch hour.

    Obviously I have been led to this outcome by some peculiar quirk of fate, and this will undoubtedly urge me to use this opportunity to change the future of mankind for the better.

    Many people have used the skill of writing to improve the lot of others in life (I just can't think of any right now). It is irrefutable that this is my opportunity to do the same, I just don't really know how to go about it.

    Dilemma Two:
    What should I use these stamps and pad of writing paper for?

    Preferred option: Write to ten newspapers spreading a message of goodwill and happiness (and, of course, news of the Grand Experiment).

    6 Comments:

    Blogger Jeangenie said...

    Start a chain letter with a difference: write to only 3 people and enclose the stamps for them to write to two other people. Use the last stamp to write to the politician of your choice telling him/her how crap you think s/he is.

    4:47 pm  
    Blogger Simon Goodway said...

    Write to ten faded celebrities inviting them to a party in recognition of their contribution to the world of entertainment.

    5:33 pm  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    Write letters to your ten favourite celebrities asking for financial backing for the Fillum.

    8:26 pm  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    snap!

    8:27 pm  
    Blogger car01 said...

    Write to 5 people chosen at random from the blogring. Use the remaining 5 stamps for SAEs and ask the recipients to send something back to you which will (a) fit into the envelope you've provided (b) be of interest to you, and help further your experiment and (c) won't exceed the postage weight limit for the stamp you've provided.

    8:31 pm  
    Blogger Kourosism said...

    Right - that's the six suggestions, and the die has made its decision. Tune in at half five for all to be revealed...

    7:03 am  

    Post a Comment

    << Home