Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Five

Didn't July 1st come aound rather quickly?

Since Rich has sussed out the rather ingenious enigma campaign (with Omallyallyally's help) disturbingly quickly, I guess that there is no time to begin like the present.

I have in my hot, sticky little hand £30 from kind Mr. Tesco, granted to me because they gubbered up my car insurance earlier this year, and have only just got round to giving me my money back.

In my other hot sticky little hand, I am holding a die (I am therefore quite logically typing this with my nose).

What does the one have to do with the other? Well, I strongly suggest that you read this but I shall explain anyhoo thusly...

The basic premise is that you allow a die to make all your decisions for you, in theory liberating you from your mundane existance and landing you full-pelt in a randomly generated hellish lifestyle that can only lead to moral turptitude and decay. Some people have tried, and ultimately failed, to live their lives in this manner - they usually have to stop after a short period. I have no desire to follow in their footsteps.

Rather, I will set a dilemma once a day (or whenever it suits me) and will let the die decide which option I should take. The remainder of the days decisions will be left to my own free will. I will provide one solution - my preferrable outcome - and will let you propose the other five - the first five suggestions in the comments box will be the ones I will go with.

This Grand Experiment will draw to a close when

A. I run out of collateral (£30)
B. People stop giving me possible decisions for the dilemmas I set (so this could end rather abruptly)
or C. The dice tells me to.


As time goes on, I'll up the stakes a little, but while I'm just testing the waters, I'll ease in nice and slow...

Dilemma One:
What should be the first use for the collateral>?

Preferred option: Enter the Lottery (I have never done so, and quite fancy sticking with the gambling theme).

7 Comments:

Blogger Simon Goodway said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:34 pm  
Blogger Simon Goodway said...

Use it to place an advert somewhere asking people to send you money to fund the experiment

12:53 pm  
Blogger Kourosism said...

Ok, so I deleted Simon's comment suggesting that I should spend the £30 on a dictionary because I got "dice" and "die" all in a mucking fuddle.

In my defence, I... nah, sod it. I boobed.

Simon's suggestion is valid, so I am hereby reinstating it. Two more suggestions to go...

5:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

trouty says spend it at the cheap shelf at tesco.

henry says buy something nice for your dad for fathers' day (if appropriate) and then spend the rest on something to eat that you have never had before, like lobster or jellied eels or really expensive handmade choccies or something.

have fun with it!

h.

6:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Stu:

Spend it on a pad of writing paper, some envelopes and at least 10 stamps. Keep the rest for later.

8:39 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Methinks to hear the tinkling of Fairy Bells 'pon the door of the Offy. Can't you hear them? They call out for you and your lovely three thousand pennies to go in and make free with the spending-on-booze.

Go on. You *know* you want to. You could even get a whole bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin and still have change for numerous bottles of your favourite Ale.

10:22 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Enigma thingy? I don't recall solving anything of the sort. You sure it was me? I know I'm given to the odd rare moment of genius-like inspiration, but these are normally restricted to remembering to go to bed at least 5 hours before I have to get up again or making cheese on toast without endangering anyone within a 30 mile radius.

10:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home